We all know this, we come home from a very busy day and we dread the moment we enter the kitchen. Now we have to cook after all that exhaustion we have been facing all day long. Of course, we could order in and spend unnecessary money and eat unwanted calories. That would be the lazy way of how to do things. The other option would be your partner/room-mate/spouse/sibling/other family member cooks, but that is not always the option. In my case, my husband is incapable of cooking even the simplest of things. A lot of trial and error, and I became in charge of feeding us. Now where was I?
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could just dump everything in one pan and walk away for 20 minutes and just relax?
Of course you would have had the option of dumping food in to a crock pot before you head out to fulfill your list of chores. But most of us do not want to wait 4-8 hours for our food to be done.
So now to my tasty 30 minutes, one pan dish.
Beefy Marinara Macaroni, AKA grown up and healthier Hamburger Helper.
You will need:
- One pound of ground beef
- Two bell peppers, cut up in to thin strips
- 2.5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups of marinara sauce (or a can of tomatoes if you like)
- 3/4th of a cup of macaroni noodles
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella or whatever cheese you have leftover in the back of that drawer in your fridge that you do not know what is inside of. (I ended up finding Amish creamy Havarti cheese and it went quite well with the dish).
- A deep pan with a lid, duh.
How to make dinner:
- Heat the pan up to the highest heat setting and add your bell peppers and ground beef to brown. Do not wait until the meat is completely cooked because it will fully cook in the broth later.
- Add the broth, the marinara sauce, and macaroni noodles and bring it all to a boil. Once it boils lower the heat to medium high, place the lid on the pan and walk away for 20 minutes.
- Do a little dance, you are at home, you get to eat soon. Life is good.
- Turn the heat off, place food in bowl, add cheeses and let them melt.
And just think how many other home cooked dishes you can just throw in the pan and enjoy in less than an hour!
I hope you enjoyed this post.